I built a small desktop power supply, which has profiles, and can output constant-current, or constant-voltage - from 0 to 48V.
This means that I can use it to charge batteries as well! I am using the same DC-DC converter from this Dave Jones video
- Drok 0-55V DC-DC converter
- Mean Well LRS-100-48 48V 2.3A
- 3-pin plug and wires
- 4mm banana plug connectors
- 3D printed enclosure : I tweaked a bunch of things here, most importantly the length of the box that houses the Mean Well PSU.
- User manual for the DC-DC converter
- Edit - beriberikix on Twitter pointed out that I can run open source firmware on the Drok module! github.com/kanflo/opendps
- I am building 2 such supplies, one will operate from 0-24v using a Mean Well LRS-150-24, and the other using the specs mentioned above. Here are some photos of the build -